A commercial vehicle is any type of motor vehicle used for transporting goods or paying passengers.
Commercial Vehicle Classification
Commercial trucks are classified according to the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR). The United States Department of Transportation classifies commercial trucks with eight classes:
- Class 1 – GVWR ranges from 0 to 6,000 pounds (0 to 2,722 kg)
- Class 2 – GVWR ranges from 6,001 to 10,000 pounds (2,722 to 4,536 kg)
- Class 3 – GVWR ranges from 10,001 to 14,000 pounds (4,536 to 6,350 kg)
- Class 4 – GVWR ranges from 14,001 to 16,000 pounds (6,351 to 7,257 kg)
- Class 5 – GVWR ranges from 16,001 to 19,500 pounds (7,258 to 8,845 kg)
- Class 6 – GVWR ranges from 19,501 to 26,000 pounds (8,846 to 11,793 kg)
- Class 7 – GVWR ranges from 26,001 to 33,000 pounds (11,794 to 14,969 kg)
- Class 8 – GVWR is anything above 33,000 pounds (14,969 kg)
A box truck also known as a box van, cube van, rolling toaster or cube truck—is a chassis cab truck with an enclosed cuboid-shaped cargo area. On most box trucks, the cabin is separate to the cargo area, however some box trucks have a door between the cabin and the cargo area. The difference between a box truck and a van is that the cargo van is a one-piece (unibody), while a box truck is created by adding a cargo box to a chassis cab.
Contact us because at Nicholas Truck Sales & Service, we are extremely proud to represent Hino and Isuzu commercial trucks in the Northeast Pennsylvania and New York market areas. We feel that Hino and Isuzu commercial trucks complement each other nicely in the light duty commercial truck and medium duty commercial truck marketplace.
ISUZU, which offers Low Cab Forward (Cabover) Trucks in GVWR from 12000 to 25950, in both Gas and Diesel Configurations.
HINO, offers Conventional Trucks from 23000 GVW to 66,000 GVW in both 4×2 and 6×4 Configurations, and has expanded to offer a Low Cab Forward (Cabover) Truck in both 14500 and 19500 GVW classes.
Our Sales Team is Ready, Willing and Able, to answer any questions you may have about these products and how they would work for your Business.
Making you PROFITABLE – One Truck at a Time!
Nicholas Truck Sales & Service
301 Main Street
866.612.4452 TOLL FREE
If you want the best truck at the best price along with the best service in the Northeast Pennsylvania NEPA and New York NY market areas, call Nicholas Truck Sales & Service Hino light duty commercial truck and medium duty commercial truck, Isuzu light duty commercial truck and medium duty commercial truck in Luzerne, Pennsylvania.